Saturday, September 28, 2013

Whom my soul loves

He is always the first up. Sometimes even the sun chases his footsteps. A normal day. 14 hours sweat. He doesn't mind the drops in his eyes. Laid exhausted for family brings him such joy. His work is hard, and his ethic solid. This man. How he amazes.


I have come to see those dirt hands so eager, as such a gift. His. Always providing. He reminds me of God in that way. Endlessly working and spinning to bless and say, "I love you".  His heart is so beautiful. His love kind. I loved him then, but adore him now. This man I have the pleasure to witness...


He laughs. Eyes all bright, with each look at his babies. Those looks. On his handsome face.... I think God looks at us like that.  Eyes that radiate warmth skin can feel. He plays with that boy, hard and happy after a long days work. Football in the grass. Tag around the yard. Wrestling on the floor. Boy giggles all joy. He builds home in his daddy's love. And I? I beam. Soul filling happy. His baby girl. Oh them together. Does she know his sun rises and sets in her? With each "daddy hold you?", his heart shows thru those green eyes. He is security. He is their safe. He is "daddy's home!", such joy and grace. He. The father to my sweet babies. That i could award for such dedication. In their daddy they have found hero.


And husband. Mine. He is favorite hobby and dearest friend. A place to cry when my world is pain. No arms comfort as his so broad.  His words. They penetrate heart like no other. He dies to his own hurt, and fights to get thru my countless migraines and the grief that ripples. Does he know he has massaged these shoulders, this heart, into knowing God full? What bridge he has been. Him helping me touch grace. Helping me get thru. 

To hear him laugh is my thrill. What times we have laughing all silly. Chasing together the truth that there is more to life than work and worry. I wonder if he knows how his goofiness blesses. When he cant stop laughing, tears from eyes.... Me finding now i cant either. There is hope in shared laughter. Grace in husband's joy full face. 


Love . Learning with hands held intimate how to touch our world with thanksgiving and watch it change. Learning to trust and walk together with open hands before a loving God, even when we are tired. This is the real love. The stay in the tough and be willing to grow together love.  Love that touches face when the other is down. Love that takes the hit when I am feeble.  His "it's gonna be ok", like saav. I have been graced with a strong one. A fighter who has gumption in spades. He taught me what authentic means. And how it blesses before God and men. He has been saving grace. Yes. He has been this. 



It is said a man needs respect as female needs love full. As I ponder these years we have had, I realize it true. I do. Respect this man. Yes because it is what God asks of us wives.... But beyond that. Or maybe it's coming into that with heart truly grappled. He has my attention. He has my awe. And always my love. I respect his tireless effort. I respect his nerve. I respect his rugged heart, the grace of his authentic.  His tender hand at home. His holding me strong.

We have had 11 years today. Eleven. Marriage can be hard, but what adventure can't? Learning beside one you love...well there is no greater joy. To grapple out God together. His fullness in the daily, together.... That's where the gift is. That's we're true love and it's grace are tasted. And I have. Again and again I have.



Today I just want to say to my man words I have come to know so intimate. Thank you. For eleven years of you. You.  dearest friend. Are joy to me. I do not regret one day of my heart effort spent with you. I still stand with hand out stretched, a "yes" on my tongue. You are my forever.  Thank you for eleven years of hard work and not enough sleep. Thank you for taking care of my heart and health as best as you can. Thank you for giving me babies so beautiful... For the privilege of watching you love them that sweet way you do. Thank you for green eyes looking into mine. For rugged hand holding mine soft. For tender words and secret joy. 





You. Dear husband. Are gift.

You are loved. Always.

No comments:

Post a Comment