Monday, September 23, 2013

The birds


I love birds. I love their vast variety. I love their songs, and the reminder to go slow whenever I spot one. I love how they socialize and cackle all joy like women at coffee. And I have always smiled at their flight. On hard days, I ache to go along sometimes. To change perspective and rise above. Above what blinds. The birds. I just enjoy the grace of them.

Husband asks, " how are you today lover?"

My reply is simple. " I am drowning in to-do lists, and wishing I was a bird."





I don't think I will ever wish I could fly away again, without hearing his response echo deep.

" And the bird wishes it was a child of God."



"Oh God of grace. It's true. I have Your love. I have Your family line to call my own. I have You to call Abba. The birds may fly, but I am the one free. Help me remember the joy. I am Your child.

Thank you Nathan. I love you forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment