Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Vibrant Grace

Oh! These leaves! It seems each day I get up to do devotions, in that favorite spot. That place. The one He pulls me in close to be near Him... I have looked out my window to new scenes of Autumn glory. His colors and crisp lines of grace and story. There He goes again. Spinning crisp air, geese a flight, and yellow leaves twirling down soft....messages. Memos of His attention.


I wasn't wanting fall yet. I was focusing on what was leaving instead of on Him coming kind, in new ways. I wanted hummingbirds to stay, flowers to glisten sun, and me parked on front bench to last longer. Clinging to a passing season doesn't fill us with its joy. It drains it away. He had to call me back to focus this fall's dawning. One way He did was thru my favorite Mullberry tree. He had her poise so silly. But her message? Ha! Look....



When we cling to what is passing, instead of thanking for what is now, we kind of...well. We Mullberry. We become awkward. We can't get lost fully in His graces now, because we are believing that the season we just had is better. How could we know that sunsets can shine most glorious thru trees that shed raw? That what feels naked and vulnerable at first, can be silhouette against His skies! That our truest beauty can become stark and breathtaking. To silhouette isn't to become naked, it's to become outlines of His grace. Lines of poetry against sky all fire.



So. I opened my hands. Palms up and receiving. To Autumn grace. To saying "yes" to yet another season of Him telling me of such love. A love I can savor long with Him. Like warming hands on hot coffee cup. Like the noise of crisp leaves under these feet. These leaves that twirl down to new places still beauty. Water that comes rain, so these leaves so bright can stick close to me longer. All over my yard, all over roads and common places... Color. His.




Make this season a witness season. Not of what is passing away, but of what has come. Each season of earth rhythm is gift. Just another pocket in which we get to search out His attributes. God isn't taking your warmth away. He is reminding you of where your warmth comes from. Him. So let your leaves fall. Let them twirl all story. Let them lie on crisp ground, vibrant! Let them beautify the way of the walking. He knows we struggle to lift these eyes. We focus hard, eyes down to find the way thru. So these leaves. These colors. We walk head down and still He comes. He brings color even down low. He knows we will look up to find from where such color has fallen. 

He always lifts the head.

Look for grace. Fall into thanks that gives. To You and others around you, life! Don't believe He is taking your warmth and leaving you barren and chilled. He just wants you to see. To really know it deep. He is warmth. It is from Him we receive the chaser of chill. So silhouette for Him. Say yes to trust. That even leafless you can be warm. A stark beauty to a cold world. 

Silhouette His kindness

Silhouette His love and all this grace

Silhouette His way of seeing

Silhouette His possibility. His promise.

Silhouette His welcome. Him as home.

We all silhouette something. A confused Mullberry...Or an outline of Amazing Grace.

  What do you glory?

May it be Him. To a world that needs to see. So desperate. He doesn't leave us when our leaves fall. He is constant. He is kind. He is safe. He is trust-Worthy. He is beauty. He is...

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound
That saved a wretch like me
I once was lost
But now I am found
Was blind, but now I see!

Grace has brought me safe thus far. And Him...Grace. Will lead me home.



Reach your hands out. Dare to warm them over His fire. It is enough. He is enough.

Be blessed. And when you see bare tree against high sky... Smile. You can glory like that. All Him. A frame of His truly Amazing Grace.

How sweet the sight.

" I will say to the North,  give them up! And to the South, do not hold them back. Bring my sons from afar, my daughters from the ends of the earth. Everyone who is called by My name, whom I have created for My glory, Whom I have formed, even I have made." 
                                    ~ Isaiah 43:6-7



1 comment:

  1. AHHHH so very lovely!!!! I am the Mulberry......BUT I want to be in HIS grace.....THANK YOU for this wonderful post!! GOD'S grace!!! mmmm now that is my warmth!! Thanks friend!!! :)

    ReplyDelete