Thursday, August 22, 2013

Thanksgiving is Addicting

I am learning something. Thanksgiving. Gratitude. It's Addicting. It's not just a random habit to try. It's a seed. One that when we choose to plant it, slowly begins the incredible. Life. It begins to blossom. (Psalm 145:10)
We open. Eyes lose blindness. And that rhythm...  It sings us back home. To Him. We begin to see what we usually miss. Once awake we wonder at all we have let go. What beauty, what chance to see God's heart have I blown past. I lived blind for 31 years. You can walk with eyes wide and be blind. Fill your life with sound and noise, and be deaf. God allows it. He loves us enough to give us a choice. That's what got me. Him. Working time. Sounds. Sunsets and wildflower. A Moth's wing.... For me. Notes. All these notes to show me love. To give me joy. Joy! What we all chase. It was this. Even when I walk by and don't see God... He stays. He will still do it all again tomorrow. Love is God's heartbeat. He gave His son's blood to tell that story...He has been telling it ever since. Gratitude opened my ears to the song. My eyes to such a love. God can be seen anywhere.  ( 2 Cor. 4:15 )





I am taken. Taken with this habit that has has changed my life. He is a hoot! Oh friends, what He won't do to steal your attention! Canadian Geese in a city parking lot. An oil rig. Lit up like the Eiffel Tower, right outside your back window, the week you read devotions talking about Him and you in a city of His love. Swallowed by stress a butterfly lands on your shoulder. Hurt that has left you void for too long seems to be filling with hope... Because you see, when we see Him we get to know Him more. The more we get to know Him, the more we know He is trustworthy. And trust? Well. That sets us free. 
I fell in love. With a God who says I am personal to Him. A God who is grand and powerful... Yes. He has His hands full with wars, abortion, sex slavery, and broken homes... But I think that's just it. He has a lot on His plate. But He still has time to lead me into love. To tell me, I am personal to Him. That I can laugh silly, dance long, and be in awe of what He has done... And He will be there with me. Smiling. Saying "thank you" is intimate. And when I turn and face Him and I say those words...Life blossoms. Depression leaves. Hope comes. Trust grows. Joy abounds. And God? Well, He is not what I thought. He is beyond what I quietly wished was true. He is all He says in His word... Yes. But that "love" part in there, all throughout that book? Yeah. We all have a choice to find out ourselves. I did. And friend, I won't ever be the same.  " I was blind. But now. I see."

This blog is that. A woman made of dust lost in glory. His. Join me. He is worth it.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Lib for sharing a part of you......with me! Have fun as you journal your story....for you.....and for Him! Hugs to you sweet friend....it turned out beautiful!!!!!!! me

    ReplyDelete