Friday, August 23, 2013

Chasing wonder

Here I sit. Out in this Kansas wind. Crickets sing soft. Prairie grasses sway to a rhythm I have come to love. It's my girl this time that has me moment mesmerized.  She. Three and hungry. Hungry to feel with her own skin all that is curious. She chases life, and I sit back and pray I will learn from her zest. Frogs in drain pipes...her waiting for them to resurface after seeing what they would do when dropped in. She fills bird bath with water from a bucket too large to carry. But to her, its worth it. " Mama. The flowers need some drink." She tends to them too. Her curls blow. She is all wet. But she is all happy. i wonder if kids know they are tasting grace....  Curiosity can lead us to wonder. Wonder can sweep is up into such joy. God loves when we stand in wonder. I am trying to learn to live this way. Eyes that wonder seek. And seeking His face and presence is all I want. It fills. He fills.  





     I have so many wildflowers on farm this year. Gifts left to stay from such glorious rains! Droughts do end. Even droughts of soul. I was thinking yesterday that the ditches of Kansas are very wild. Counties don't spray them to rid and gain what we think is perfection. I used to be one of those wishing they would. Then it hit me. These wild flowers would die right along with all those weeds. God loves to remind me that messes can have glory snuggled in them. Wildflowers are like that. Weeds around? Yes. Kansas has ditches full. But look through the mess. See that color? Yellow! Purple soft. White like lace. Beauty. Weeds can only hide life if you let them.




Tonight it's a soft summer night. Go out and chase some wonder. Wonder is the fringes of God. Read psalm 104. God is so intimate in nature. What joy it is to stop slow to see. Be blessed tonight. You are personal to God.


No comments:

Post a Comment