Thursday, December 25, 2014

Happy Birthday

Dearest Jesus,

Today is for You. 

May the memories I make today, be simplified to moments of thanking You. For coming. In the form of helplessness and need. 

For being the face of a baby Savior.
Hero toddler. 
And rising King. 

You walked through the falling, desperate, weak, and dirty. You looked into the face of hunger, pain, shame, and mocking. You chose to feel, so that we could heal. To become the "Enough" for our redemption and endless possibility. 

Thank you Yeshua. For being this thoughtful. For knowing, my soul of dust, would wonder if you know what I feel.  Thank you for seeing the weak. The sick. The orphaned. The Homeless. The Chronic. And Barren. For looking into the eyes of the Pagan. For giving a robe to the Ashamed, and dressing the bleed of the Wounded. 

You came to tell us a story. This love story like no other. A coming purely love and unending hope. 


I am sorry that I get caught in habits and hurry. Standards of buying and oven timing. Plans to bake and and take for me, me, me. I don't want to be that "her" this Christmas. I don't want to look out for my filling. 


I want to remember You.

I want to savor You.

I want to witness Your footfalls in the hallways of my heart.

I want. To make Your birthday. About You.


So help my chronic forgetful. Lift up these eyes to see Your relating. Let me see You in the smiles of family, and in the  warmth of Your providing hand all across Christmas table. Let me know You in the moments of prayer, and ponderings of my blessings. In helpful hands at kitchen sink, and sacrifices of the tired Mother heart. You give gifts to us...on Your birthday. 

Your birthday.



This day we give gifts to everyone else, and pass out lists of our own wanting. You still love. You still wait patient. You still care, bless, overcome, and sing over us. You are my epic. And I am awed by the grace of You. The kindness of You in the midst of all my selfish. Amidst all the hurry and hustle of this spinning globe.

So at this early hour, this dawn of Your Birthday... I want to open my hands to bless You with worship. I want to bend my knees in humble. I want to bow my head in the deepest gratitude. 

Thank you Jesus. For being born. For walking the way of our struggles. For dying with my name on Your mind. For rising again, so I could too. For preparing my forever with the glory of You.

Today. Be my first. Before gifts and food, traditions and prep.  Before the rush and rattle... 

Today I remember You.


Happy Birthday Messiah. You have this heart, my dearest King and Kindred Friend.

Merry Christmas.

Adoringly,
Liz
 

No comments:

Post a Comment