Tuesday, May 27, 2014

On Wing's Flight Glorious

Spring. Soft and slow, rolling into summer's carefree. I love His warmth here. In seasons I can feel His love on skin. Breezes just so, sun kisses that leave me glisten. All this new life giving my soul hope. Seasons do change. But always this life. He never leaves us without it.

Grace.



There was a fledgling today. American Robin baby...newly brave and just nest free. He was hopping about, unaware still that he has wings. Feathers young and stiff. Lacking fullness and soft color. You could see the yellow coming on chest...but only glimpses. 


It struck me just then. We have parts of our lives like that. We are birds, always birds. But sometimes when we are in a new place, a new season, a seemingly different world... We feel lost. Nest accustomed, we feel where we have fallen is definitely not our home. Food? Where is that! And warmth, coming from love nestled atop us,...all but gone. So we hop. Seeking the safe of bushes and tree rows. Wondering why we feel so alone and well, somewhat abandoned.




Birds. I have found God in them. By examples they leave me, and companionship they bring. Gods glory on wings flight.



We are like fledglings sometimes. We are. And we forget when we are feeling those things...the strangeness of an uncomfortable new, that God never leaves us alone. That we have not been abandoned. That He always intends we fly! We forget, that though undeveloped at present, we do have wings. That though our feathers are currently stiff, they will full. That our dull color will break through in vibrance one day. 

In this. This place you are. God intends you fly, on His gracious wing. 


We need to remember this. That even in the strange, we are a bird. That even in the foreign He has this plan. That stiffness doesn't mean broken wings... Sometimes the stiff wing and foreign places mean new life!! We are being made new in the daily. His life and love in and around us will come forth and do it's greatest. 

We will lift. On these wings made of His grace and kindness. 

God has intended all along, that you fly. That you discover He didn't throw you out of a safe nest to let you die by predator. No. He is near. Watching. Ready to dive bomb and defend you, His fledgling. His beautiful new one. Learning that wings will always be wings. That hard times and cold ground don't change who we are. Like little birds lost, we are found by His beautiful plan all along. 

To Rise...always to Rise!


I know the days well friend. This horrible feeling of being pushed from a safe place. This falling. This thud that leaves you begging for air. What is this?!! Why me? Where has God gone? Why does He hide His face when I need Him most?!!

I have walked this path. And I will be honest. I hated it. Being lost and feeling forsaken is a place that I won't forget. I have asked the ugly questions and shaken my fist at God. I have screamed and felt unheard. But looking back now, I see where He was. He was in the branches...so close and very attentative. He was protecting me from prey and elements that could harm. He was very aware of my frail and weak state... And He never left me alone. His eyes were always watching. He was growing me. 

Because if I didn't leave the nest, I would never know how to fly.

The hard things can be His grace. The hard things can be His yes to our prayers. Prayers begging for hope. Prayers begging for peace. Prayers asking Him to please take us from survive to thrive!  Where greater, can you feel this, than on the wings of the wind?

He has to teach us to fly.

There are places higher and more beautiful than the nest sitting on rocking branch. There is life beyond the tree of familiar. It is God's love that He pushes us there. That He forces us to reach for what we ache for, but don't yet understand. 

It's Grace.




God can handle our hard questions. I asked them. And ya know, I wasn't slapped in the face. I felt instead, Him wiping my brow, and telling more...of all this love. Of all His love. 
 
In the dark. On the cold ground. When this new place has your soul spinning. Remember who holds. Remember how He has gotten you through before. Remember that He has not left you alone. Look up at the birds today and ponder how they started. 

Leaving the nest doesn't mean death, it means the skies!

Trust this. That in the dark He will show you His love. And the greatest treasure I have come to know, is WHO it is that calls me by name. And my name, on His lips, is life to me. It is love. It is home.

" And I will give you the treasures of darkness, And the hidden wealth of secret places, In order that you may know that IT IS I, THE LORD, the God of Israel, WHO CALLS YOU BY YOUR NAME." ~ Isaiah 45:3


His sky is calling. What will you answer?








2 comments:

  1. Ahhhh this is sooo very true!!! Well said!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen, friend! I say, "Thank you, Lord, for being my hope in the hopeless and raising me up out if the ashes!"

    ReplyDelete